Freshman Friday: Emily Ngo

Courtesy of Ngo

Ngo at Huron High School.

Madeleine Pale

Q: Tell us a little bit about yourself and what hobbies/sports you do.

A: “My name is Emily Ngo. I am currently a freshman. I am a swimmer and play violin and piano. I love to bake, crochet, and hangout with family.”

Q: How would you describe your transition from middle to high school?

A: “The transition from middle school to high school was a little hard at first. To start, Huron is a big building so it was a little difficult. Not going to my locker was also something I had to adjust to. As time went by it got easier.”

Q: What class is the most interesting so far and why?

A: “The most interesting class for me is world history and geography. Last year we were only learning about US history and learning about the events that happened in the past really interests me.”

Q: What are 3 words to describe your first months of high school and why?

A: “Chill, Stressful, and Fun. The first few months are pretty easy since your classes aren’t that hard. It’s stressful because of some assignments in hard classes. It’s also fun because you get to make new friends and just socialize!”

Q: How has high school surprised you so far? Were there any skills you had to learn to get work done or fit school into your schedule?

A: “In middle school we barely had any homework. But in high school it was a little harder to turn in assignments on time while making sure you have time for things like practicing an instrument or not having time because of a sport. The main skill I had to learn was just not being distracted when doing homework. It really helped when my phone wasn’t around me.”

Q: How do you want to remember your high school experience four years later? What are you doing now or how do you plan to make that happen? 

A: “I want to remember my high school experience as really fun as opposed to being stressed all the time. I plan to make this happen by really enjoying the time I have with my friends as well as staying on task and turning in assignments on time.”