The Emery

The Emery

The Emery

The Latest from the Emery’s Twitter

The Spring Boost fundraiser event

Spring+Boost+flyer.+Photo+courtesy+of+AAPS.+
Spring Boost flyer. Photo courtesy of AAPS.

As we spring into a new season, Huron athletics fundraiser combined with an opportunity for the Huron community to have, well, fun.

The Spring Boost takes place May 1 from 6-9pm at George Gervin convocation center on Eastern Michigan University’s campus. Tickets are $25 for students and staff and $35 for all others. Tickets can be purchased at http://aahuronboosters.weebly.com/

The Huron Booster Club and the Parent Teacher Student Organization (PTSO) have collaborated for many projects this year. Their newest project is this fundraiser doubled as a community bonding event advertised as the Spring Boost. 

“[We] wanted to find a way to support Huron athletics and bring in a fundraiser that would also bring together the River Rat community,” Booster Club president Tamika Banks said. “Parents and the community [will] be able to mingle in an informal fashion outside of a sporting event [and] parent teacher conferences. [It’s] just an informal way of getting to know the other members of the River Rat community. “

Though the event is advertised for students and parents, it is open to people of all ages, including young children and elderly family members. The Spring Boost features a silent auction with gift baskets prepared for by each participating Huron sport. The link for the silent auction is open now, so people are able to bid on the baskets online at https://www.32auctions.com/HuronSpringBoost

Spring Boost
The event has now passed!

“Coaches from winter and fall seasons have still been in contact with their parents and athletes,” Banks said. “They’ve been able to generate interest from parents to put together gift baskets for the silent auction.”

At the Spring Boost event, attendees can expect an array of entertainment – from light beverages to live music. 

“We’re expecting a great turnout,” Banks said. “We [hope to] just be out and about and enjoy each other’s company in support of our Huron athletics so that we can help drive the purpose, which is to fundraise for our Huron sports and to help our coaches and our athletes succeed. 

Hopefully the Huron rat mascot will also be there! Of course, the event could not have been planned without the help of a committee of people. 

“We have a phenomenal planning committee that has experience putting together the silent auction and this event, so I have to give credit to the planning committee for putting this together,” Banks said.