The Emery

The Emery

The Emery

The Latest from the Emery’s Twitter

School Board Updates: AAPS board meeting rescheduled

Speakers+from+the+March+20th+AAPS+board+meeting.+
Ryan Bezas
Speakers from the March 20th AAPS board meeting.

These last couple of months brought many changes for Ann Arbor Public Schools, from Jazz Parks replacing Jeanice Swift as superintendent to the $25 million budget deficit. The Board of Education meeting that was originally scheduled for Wednesday, April 3 has now been moved to Thursday, April 11  at 7 p.m. in the Lake Michigan Conference Room at 3700 Earhart Road.

The delay was for a couple of reasons. The hope was that with the extra time a better plan could be brought forward.

“Ms. Parks said she wants to receive input from the community before bringing a plan to the board,” AAPS Board of Education Trustee Jeff Gaynor said.

Additionally, an important figure wasn’t able to attend the original meeting date. Marios Demetriou, who is the financial consultant, wasn’t able to make it to the original meeting date.

The meeting will be livestreamed on Zoom for the public to watch. Anybody interested in participating in public commentary can sign up through the Public Commentary Form or contact Amy Osinski, Executive Assistant of the Ann Arbor Board of Education, at [email protected] or 734-994-2232. The deadline for signing up is 3 p.m. on Thursday, April 11.