Huron High School goes virtual on Oct. 22 due to staff shortages

Allison Mi

Due to staff shortages, three schools within AAPS are having a remote, asynchronous day on Oct. 22.

Vish Gondesi, Co-Editor-in-Chief

This evening, Ann Arbor Public Schools announced that Huron High School, Skyline High School and Forsythe Middle School will all have a remote, asynchronous learning day tomorrow, Oct. 22.

This is an emergency measure made necessary due to numerous unfilled positions across the district and an inability to fully staff our schools for tomorrow,” AAPS  superintendent Jeanice Swift wrote in the press release. “Taking this step to remote learning with these three schools that were most critically impacted by staffing challenges will allow the AAPS to redeploy substitute personnel to assist with the shortage of staff across other buildings and stretch the resources to staff the remaining schools.”

Students will receive assignments and lesson plans from their teachers through Schoology or their emails. 

“Our students, teachers, school teams, parents and community are all working incredibly hard together, making sacrifices every day to sustain the opening of our schools this fall; we are making progress,” Swift wrote.