Neutral Zone’s Halloween House of Horror

Neutral+Zones+Halloween+party+will+feature+live+music+and+a+maze%21+Picture+courtesy+of+Neutral+Zone%E2%80%99s+Instagram.+
Neutral Zone’s Halloween party will feature live music and a maze! Picture courtesy of Neutral Zone’s Instagram.

With the Halloween season rearing its spooky head, it’s only natural that there will be a bunch of Halloween parties, one of which will be hosted by Neutral Zone. The party will feature live music and a maze where partygoers can look at art from artists in the area.

“It’s going to be a really fun way to participate in a concert and I know a lot of the artists that are going to be performing–they’re amazing and it’s just going to be fun! ” said Sana Schaden, one of the coordinators.

The concert itself will feature many Ann Arbor-based musicians such as The Shrugs, Hudson North, Perfect Average, Mass Dispute, and GVMMY as well as a drum battle, all DJed DJ King and DJ Trilian. Artists are welcome to participate by submitting their art on October 20th from 2-6 p.m. at Neutral Zone. In addition to the music and art, there will be a haunted house, dancing, a costume contest, face painting, and plenty of baked goods. What’s cool about this is that almost all of the party is being set up by NZ teens.

“It’s held in collaboration with Neutral Zone teens and staff,” said Schaden. “I’m helping with designing the haunted maze aspect and getting art featured…{Trilian Krug} is kind of taking the lead on booking the lineup for musicians and the concert venue aspect of it… it’s kind of a space where teens are encouraged to take the lead and plan events like this.”

‘How much is it?’ you may be asking. Thankfully, almost all of Neutral Zone’s events are 100% free.

“One of Neutral Zone’s biggest things is that they want events to be very accessible to teens, especially teens of all levels of income, so pretty much all events are completely free,” said Schaden.

Come join the Neutral Zone on Saturday, October 28th, from 7-10:30 p.m. for some spooky, crazy fun!