Freshman Friday: K’lyn Taylor-Neely

Klyn+Taylor-Neely+standing+outside+Huron+High+School.+He+is+excited+to+meet+new+people.+

Courtesy of Taylor-Neely

K’lyn Taylor-Neely standing outside Huron High School. He is excited to meet new people.

Justin Meath, Staff Writer

Q: Tell us a little bit about yourself and what hobbies/sports you do.

A: “My name is K’lyn Taylor and I am a freshman attending Huron High School. I like to listen to music, run track, and draw. ”

Q: How would you describe your transition from middle to high school?

A: “Its a lot more work in high school than middle school a but other than than that it’s more or less the same. There’s a lot more people in high school to make friends with.¨

Q: What classes are you most looking forward to taking either now or in the future?

A: “Right now the classes I enjoy the most would probably be health and maybe art. I am looking forward to taking PE.”

Q: What are 3 words to describe your first day of high school and why did you choose them?

A: “Tiring, cool, and new. It’s tiring because I haven’t walked around a school for seven hours for about a year and a half. It’s cool because it’s a new experience and there’s a lot more people. Its new because I haven’t been in Huron before and there are so many people i’m meeting for the first time.”

Q: How difficult was it to navigate around the school in the first few weeks? When do you think you’ll have a good grasp of the entire building structure?

A: “For the first week it was very difficult to navigate and find my classes but after that I started to get the hang of it.”

Q: Who has left an impression on you in the first couple weeks— whether it be a classmate, staff member, or teacher? Describe the impression. 

A: “My health and wellness teacher is pretty chill and least I think she is. I’ve been talking to a lot of people but other than that nobody really stood out to me.”

Q: How do you want to remember your high school experience four years later? What are you doing now or how do you plan to make that happen? 

A: “I want to remember my high school experience as not just a place of learning but a place where I could express myself and have a lot of fun.  To do that I have to get to know a lot of people and do some sports too.”