Freshman Friday: Min Coulombe

Min+Coulombe+is+excited+to+take+French+and+be+involved+in+sports+including+soccer.+

Courtesy of Coulombe

Min Coulombe is excited to take French and be involved in sports including soccer.

Greg Auchus, Staff Writer

Q: Tell us a little bit about yourself and what hobbies/sports you do.

A: “I’m a freshman at Huron High School. Some of my hobbies are sports, I play soccer and tennis.”

Q: How would you describe your transition from middle to high school?

A: “It was a bit weird. It’s very more independent and the schools are way bigger. And we’re around a lot of older people. ”

Q: What classes are you most looking forward to taking either now or in the future?

A: “I’m excited for french because my parents are French-Canadian and it would be kinda cool to speak fluently with them.”

Q: What are 3 word to describe your first day of high school and why did you choose them?

A: “The first word would be ‘exciting,’ because the big transition from middle to high school was pretty cool. A little bit ‘Nervous,’ because I did not know where all my classes were, and there is everyone in the hallways like seniors and they’re  kind of intimidating. And just ‘happy,’ because I was happy to be in high school finally.”

Q: How difficult was it to navigate around the school in the first few weeks? When do you think you’ll have a good grasp of the entire building structure?

A: “The first few days of school were very very complicated to navigate to my rooms. And the school is very big. One thing that was very helpful was the second number [of the room numbers], because that’s the floor you’re on. And I think there is a lot of rooms so probably when I’m a senior I’ll know the entire school”

Q: Who has left an impression on you in the first couple weeks— whether it be a classmate, staff member, or teacher? Describe the impression. 

A: “Probably my french teacher, she’s really nice, really fun. She just makes the class exciting.”

Q: How do you want to remember your high school experience four years later? What are you doing now or how do you plan to make that happen? 

A: “Just try my best, because high school is a once in a lifetime special memory as a kid. So I’ll cherish it.”