Sophomore Saturday: Skye Scott

Skye+Scott+plays+Soccer+as+well+as+synchronized+swimming.+She+is+also+a+part+of+the+Huron+Against+Human+Trafficking+club.+

Courtesy of Scott

Skye Scott plays Soccer as well as synchronized swimming. She is also a part of the Huron Against Human Trafficking club.

Anna Esper, Staff Writer

Q: Tell us a little bit about yourself and what hobbies/sports you do.

A:   “I’m Skye, I’m a sophomore and some things I like to do is play soccer and synchronized swimming. I like to play soccer because it taught me about teamwork. If you mess up it’s not all on your back. It was weird playing sports during quarantine because of masks but it was still fun.”

Q: After spending a year with classmates virtually, what’s it been like to finally see people in person? 

A:  “It’s been weird. Some people that I had classes with last year look different. I don’t even recognize them in my classes now.” 

Q: ‘Who helped you the most in getting through last year and why? 

A: My brother. He was always at home. We would play soccer together and watch TV a lot.”

Q: Describe something about coming back to school in person that has surprised you?

A:”I actually like the teachers more than I did last year. They actually are helping more because it’s easier now.” 

Q: Which of your classes are you most excited for and why?

A: Next semester I’m doing a food class so I like to cook food and eat. I travel a lot so I like to try new foods from different places. I think that it makes food interesting and trying new things is fun.”

Q: What are your thoughts about personal project? When do you think you’ll get started on your work?

A: “Soon, it was hard to decide what to do but, I am analyzing movies. I like to watch a lot of different kinds of movies but I like Marvel movies the most. My favorite character is Black Widow.”  

Q: If you could change one thing from your freshman self, what would it be? 

A: “Don’t be so nervous about doing work. It will all change when you get back into the school.”