The Emery

The Emery

The Emery

The Latest from the Emery’s Twitter

Sophomore Saturday: Elena Franzese

Franzese+at+the+Detroit+Theatre.+Photo+courtesy+of+Frazese.+
.
Franzese at the Detroit Theatre. Photo courtesy of Frazese.

Q: Tell us a little bit about yourself and what hobbies/sports you do.

A: My name is Elena! I love reading, writing, learning languages and studying. I horseback ride and I love to run (for my life).

Q: How is this year’s learning different from last years? 

A: I feel like a lot of my classes are more advanced than last year and that the teachers take me more seriously.

Q: Which classes have you found the most interesting and why?

A: I’m really interested in APUSH and I always love and appreciate choir and Chinese.

Q: Describe something that surprised you coming back to school this year that you weren’t expecting?

A: How comfortable I was with my classmates! I have a bunch of friends from middle school this year too.

Q: What are your thoughts about personal project? What were some challenges you have faced so far? What are you working on?

A: I think that it’s a good way for students to get out of their comfort zone. I’ve had to be more vulnerable with my teachers which has been a bit difficult for me. We just started so there hasn’t been much to work on yet.

Q: If you could change one thing from your freshman self, what would it be? 

A: I would be more confident and take on more leadership roles!