Freshman Friday: Anthony Fan

Freshman Anthony Fan on his 14th birthday

Courtesy of Fan

Visruth Rajendiran, Staff Writer

Q: Tell us a little bit about yourself and what hobbies/sports you do.

A: “I love playing video games, playing outside, and reading.”

Q: How would you describe your transition from middle to high school?

A: “The transition from middle school to high school wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be.”

Q: What classes are you most looking forward to taking either now or in the future?

A: “I’m really looking forward to health science.”

Q: What are 3 words to describe your first year of high school so far and why did you choose them?

A: “3 words I would use to describe my first year of high school are “Busy, fun, and hard”. I chose these words because I have found that managing my time is very important especially in high school and it has proven to be a challenge. I chose the word “fun” because I just enjoy high school a lot more than middle school.”

Q: How has high school surprised you so far? Were there any skills you had to learn to get work done or fit school into your schedule?

A: “The amount of freedom you get in high school compared to middle school surprised me the most. I had to learn how to organize my time at home to have enough time to do my homework and my other activities.”

Q: Who has left an impression on you in the first semester — whether it be a classmate, staff member, or teacher? Describe the impression. 

A: “My teacher Mr. Lincoln has left a very good impression on me in my first semester. Mr. Lincoln would make sure that we are ready for the test and help us visualize what he is teaching us. If there is a confusing article, he will break it down into simpler terms to help us understand it.”

Q: How do you want to remember your high school experience four years later? What are you doing now or how do you plan to make that happen? 

A: “I want to remember my high school experience as worthwhile. I am currently trying new things to help me experience new ideas and new opportunities. I really hope that looking back at my high school experience, I won’t feel like I missed out on amazing opportunities or chances I could’ve taken.”