Senior Sunday: Stacey Choi

Stacey+Choi+is+a+Senior+at+Huron+High+School.+She+says+she+will+always+remember+virtual+school.+

Courtesy of Choi

Stacey Choi is a Senior at Huron High School. She says she will always remember virtual school.

Amy Xiu, Staff Writer

Q: Tell us a little bit about yourself and what hobbies/sports you do.

A: “Hi, I’m Stacey and I’m a senior at Huron!  I used to play soccer but I had to quit due to COVID; hopefully, I can join the team this spring.”

Q: What is one class/club you would recommend to underclassmen? Why?

A: “The class I would recommend to underclassmen is IB Literature and Language. That class will definitely be challenging but you learn how to analyze various types of literary & non-literary texts effectively. These skills helped me in studying for the SAT reading section a lot. I also believe this class will help you to communicate your opinion to people coherently and reasonably and interpret the various texts you’ll be reading in college.”

Q: What is the biggest difference between freshman-year you and you today?

A: “The biggest difference between freshman year and me today is I can bake scones by myself now!!”

Q: Ten years from now, what is one high school memory you will still remember?

A: “I think I’ll be still remembering the chaotic virtual school during the pandemic period- and maybe myself who was joining first hour in bed.”

Q: What is one piece of advice you would give to your freshman self?

A: “The one piece of advice I would give to my freshman self is – Stacey, Don’t be shy and ask. Don’t assume you already know the answer. You are dealing with the new environment much better than you think. Also, start learning oboe sooner.”

Q: What will you miss most about high school?

A: “I will be missing waking up early in the morning! (just kidding)”

Q: What are your plans for next year?

A: “My goal for next year is to adapt well to college.”