Freshman Friday: Ben Wizauer

Freshman Friday: Ben Wizauer

Visruth Rajendiran, Staff Writer

Q: Tell us a little bit about yourself.

A: “My name is Ben Wizauer and I’m in the 9th grade. I play soccer, and I aim to play professionally. I play a few instruments and do music production in my spare time. I have two dogs and a cat, who live with me and my family, which consists of my mom, dad and younger sister.”

Q: What has been your favorite part about this school year?

A: “So far it’s been the new friendships. While I haven’t been able to see many people in person, I’ve been able to meet them through sports and class. It feels a little weird that for the most part that we only talk to each other online, but I’ve become adjusted to it.”

Q: What do you miss about Huron?

A: “Since I’m a freshman I haven’t gotten to experience what Huron’s like just yet, but I’ve heard great things and stories from other students. I’m excited to eventually be in-person again and learn more about Huron.”

Q: What is one goal you have for this year?

A: “I think for this year it’s to maintain high grades. I think the consensus among my friends and classmates is that this year is a little more challenging compared to others, and I’m striving to have good marks in all of my classes.”

Q: What is your favorite class and why?

“I think biology is my favorite class right now. I’ve always loved science, and I’m enjoying the things we’re learning in the class. I’ve got a great teacher and classmates who also want to learn.” 

Q: What hobbies/sports do you do?

A: “As I mentioned before, I play soccer for Huron and my club team. I’ve been playing since I was six years old and I’ve grown to love the game. My goal is to one day play for the team I’ve loved nearly all my life: Manchester United. Apart from soccer, I also love music. I’ve been doing music production for almost two years now and learned a lot of valuable information. I play electric and upright bass, as well as a little bit of piano.”