Fashion club meets to plan a fashion show

On Monday, Jan. 29, the Huron Fashion Club had a meeting hosted by English teacher Elizabeth Williamson in classroom 4310. President Nevaeh Smith, a sophomore at Huron, started off her meeting with an icebreaker to help learn more about the new club members and to teach new people a little bit about herself. 

The club offers different positions like designer, model, or social media worker. Smith went over some of these positions briefly before stating that the club always needed people for any of these jobs. 

“My interest in fashion/expressing yourself drew me to the club and having the freedom to wear what you want,” sophomore Kynnedy Sutton said. “The club is wanting to put together a fashion show.” 

The club watched a few videos of cat walks done by big designers to get inspiration while enjoying cheese and pepperoni pizza. After the video was done Smith talked about her personal experience in modeling and walking the runway. 

This club is about establishing interest with inspiration to create and direct a fashion show student made. Many students flock here for different reasons, whether it be putting on outfits or creating their visions.