The Emery

The Emery

The Emery

The Latest from the Emery’s Twitter

Sophomore Saturday: Dante Thomas

Thomas taking a picture of herself in the mirror. Photo courtesy of Thomas.

Q: Tell us a little bit about yourself and things you do in and out of school.

A: I personally feel like I’m the social butterfly of my friend group in and out of school! I enjoy talking to new people and (attempt to) introduce them to my hobbies. 

Q: What was your favorite Huron event from last year, and what did you like about it? 

A: Film on the field! Partially because it allowed me to form a bond I still hold today, but as a freshman it allowed me to view the school differently than I had months before. 

Q: What is your favorite class at Huron and what do you like about it?

A: My favorite class has to be photography. My teacher allows us to constantly self express and the class environment is very enjoyable. 

Q: What is a class you want to take in the future, and why does it interest you?

A: Any DP/AP history. History is one of my favorite subjects and I love the discovery aspect of the subject. 

Q: Who is one of your favorite teachers at Huron and why?

A: Ms. Horwitz! She’s so passionate in what she does, and she tries to make every single student feel comfortable and accepted in her classroom

Q: What are your thoughts about personal project? What were some challenges you have faced so far? What are you working on?

A: Despise it. It doesn’t really attribute to the growth of the students as a whole. A single semester isn’t enough to warrant genuine growth. During personal project for me, it was mainly me procrastinating my entire board because I was lazy. I’ve been attempting to work on my procrastination skills since then. 

Q: What is your favorite memory from last year and why?

A: Being brave enough to talk to that short girl with the pretty birthmark.  If I hadn’t have done that, I think I would’ve missed out on a lot of personal growth this past year

Q: If you could change one thing from your freshman self, what would it be? 

A: Be stoic, don’t get close to everyone to try to live the “high school dream.” Genuinely think about who you want in your life. 

Q: What is something you weren’t expecting about sophomore year?

A: For it to be this interesting, there’s a lot of things that have been eyebrow raising. 

Q: What is an interesting face or hidden talent about yourself?

A: So I actually learned that I’m kind of a decent dancer — I’m not good, but I’m good enough. 

Q: What is a hot take of yours?

A: I’m sorry but can we get rid of the mushroom haircuts?