Freshman Friday: Kashvi Rai

Rai likes Bhangra and the Engineering and Design class.

Satvika Ramanathan, Website Managing Editor

Q: Tell us a little bit about yourself and what hobbies/sports you do.

A: “Hi I’m Kashvi! I’m a freshman this year and I love to read, hang out with friends and family, and annoy my dog in my free time. I am also in a competitive Bhangra dance (Indian folk dance).”

Q: How would you describe your transition from middle to high school?

A: “The transition to high school was pretty easy. I have quite a few friends who moved to Huron with me, so I found it really easy to fit in with the Huron community. My only main struggle at first was making my way around the halls, especially the 6200 hall.”

Q: What class is the most interesting so far and why?

A: “Definitely Engineering and Design. Not only do we learn new skills but we also use them everyday in our projects. The class environment is also very laid back. There is a lot of work, but with all of the fun discussions (usually about Taylor Swift or current events) it never feels like we are doing work.”

Q: What are 3 words to describe your first months of high school and why?

A: “I would probably describe it as fun, chaotic, and fast. My classes were really fun, I really enjoyed it as I wouldn’t have been able to take these courses in middle school. Chaotic because we were pushed right into the work and I personally wasn’t ready for summer to end. Fast, because I didn’t realize how quickly the days passed. I still feel like it was only yesterday that I was graduating from 8th grade.”

Q: How has high school surprised you so far? Were there any skills you had to learn to get work done or fit school into your schedule?

A: “I realized that I would have to get organized quickly. In middle school, I didn’t get a lot of homework, so I was able to spend more time doing extracurriculars. However, once high school started, I was having to manage both school work and my extracurriculars. Getting organized was essential for me to be able to do both.”

Q: How do you want to remember your high school experience four years later? What are you doing now or how do you plan to make that happen? 

A: “​​I want to remember my high school years by my academic accomplishments and the fun memories with my friends. I want to do well in school to remember how much I grew as a student, but at the same time I want to remember all the new friends I made and how much fun we had during these years. Now, with almost 3 years to go, I am excited to make new friends and memories at Huron!”