The Emery

The Emery

The Emery

The Latest from the Emery’s Twitter

Freshman Friday: Mia Siciliano

Mia posing for a photo. Photo courtesy of Siciliano

Q: Tell us a little bit about yourself and what hobbies/sports you do.

A:  Hiii my name is Mia! I am in Huron’s Green Band and I play clarinet. I am also in a musical theater program outside of school. Music is such an important part of my life.

Q: How would you describe your transition from middle to high school?

A: My transition from middle school to high school luckily was very smooth. I’ve had so many amazing friends making this transition so enjoyable. 

Q: What class is the most interesting so far and why?

A:  The most interesting class so far is definitely World History. Being able to learn about all different parts of the world in the past and how it affects the present world is so incredibly important and eye opening. 

Q: What are 3 words to describe your first months of high school and why?

A:  One of the words to describe my first year of high school is ‘freeing’. In high school, you have to be independent and with that, it also makes you feel so free. ‘Scary’ is definitely another word. Experiencing so many new things and harder classes is incredibly terrifying. ‘Fun’ is another word to describe high school. Meeting new people and making new friends creates so many new fun experiences. 

Q: How has high school surprised you so far? Were there any skills you had to learn to get work done or fit school into your schedule?

A:  I have been surprised about the amount of tests there are. There have been many more summative assignments in high school than there were in middle school. I had to learn to not procrastinate, which is something I used to always do. 

Q: How do you want to remember your high school experience four years later? What are you doing now or how do you plan to make that happen? 

A: I want to remember my high school experience as being incredibly fun and full of awesome experiences. I am going to make sure I leave the house and try new things in order to make that happen.