The Emery

The Emery

The Emery

The Latest from the Emery’s Twitter

Freshman Friday: Andrew Kerekes

Andrew by a tree outside of Huron. Photo courtesy of Kerekes

Q: Tell us a little bit about yourself and things you do in and out of school.
A: I do a lot of things like band and debate club. I also like to cook, travel, and play video games.

Q: Out of all your extracurriculars, clubs, and sports, which one is your favorite and why?
A: My favorite extracurricular is marching band. I like marching band because it’s a tight knit group and I have a lot of fun doing it.

Q: How are you liking your first year at Huron?
A: I’m really enjoying my first year at Huron. I like how easy it is to make friends, and everyone is pretty friendly.

Q: What is your favorite class so far and why?
A: My favorite class is World History and Geography because I find history really interesting. I also enjoy how the teachers keep it engaging.

Q: Who is one of your favorite teachers and why?
A: One of my favorite teachers is Mr. Rodriguez, the band teacher. I like how he takes his time to know students on a more personal level.

Q: What is a class you want to take in the future and why?
A: I really want to take the law classes because being a lawyer is something that sounds super cool to me.

Q: What is something you weren’t expecting about high school?
A: I wasn’t expecting high school to be so relaxed like it is. I thought the workload would be a lot and it would be really stressful, but it’s not.

Q: What advice would you give about the first weeks of high school to incoming 8th graders?
A: I would say to not be stressed out and to stay focused but to still relax.

Q: What is an interesting fact or hidden talent about yourself?
A: I really like cars, I generally like Japanese and European cars like the Corolla Hatchback and Porsches.

Q: What is a hot take of yours?
A: I do not think pineapple belongs on pizza.