Senior Sunday: Peter Fazekas

Peter Fazekas, Senior

Sena Yoshida, Staff writer

Q: Tell us a little bit about yourself and what hobbies/sports you do.

A: Hello, my name is Peter Fazekas and I am a senior! I am the Captain of the Men’s Varsity Water Polo team, and Concertmaster of the Huron Orchestras. I also like to snowboard and skateboard in my free time, as well as producing music and traveling to new places. 

Q: What is one class/club you would recommend to underclassmen? Why?

A: In terms of classes, I would recommend taking advantage of Huron’s awesome music programs, whether that be band, orchestra, or choir!

Q: How are you feeling about graduating this year?

A: I’m honestly happy that this chapter of my life is coming to a close, but I am also very grateful for all of the friendships and opportunities I have been blessed with these past few years. College sounds like a lot of fun, so I’m excited to see where it takes me. 

Q: Ten years from now, what is one high school memory you will still remember?

A: Freshman year, this one kid brought his skateboard to school and attempted to grind down the 8 step railing right outside the cafeteria. I think maybe 300+ people must’ve had their phones out recording and waiting for him to drop in – it felt like I was watching a worldstar clip on Instagram in real life. 

Q: What is one piece of advice you would give to your freshman self?

A: Don’t ruin your GPA freshman year and try to talk to everyone in your grade at least once before you graduate, you might even end up becoming good friends down the road! Also don’t dismiss any opportunities that may come your way; go to that football game, ask that girl out, get food with your friends at 1 am. These times go by quick and before we know it we’re all grown up. 

Q: What will you miss most about high school?

A: Seeing all of my friends everyday, going to sports practices and rehearsals after school, taking fun classes, homecoming, watching freshmen throw food at each other in the cafeteria, and being able to maintain good grades without studying!