Junior Jumpstart Monday: Alexander D’Haene

Anita Gaenko, Opinion Editor

Q: Tell us a little bit about yourself and what hobbies/sports you do.

A: “I run cross country, though not that well, I play volleyball competitively which I enjoy quite a bit, and I also collect CDs and cassette tapes.”

Q: What is one class/club you would recommend to underclassmen? Why?

A: “I would recommend the Huron Boys Volleyball Club to any interested participants, it’s just such a great community, and I think the guy who started the club is really quite handsome as well. It’s a great environment with an amazing staff advisor in Ms. Choe.”

Q: What’s an interesting/unique fact about yourself?

A: “I can make my eyeballs vibrate, and I was born twice.”

Q: Where do you see yourself in ten years?

A: “I’d like to be employed, probably doing work with wildlife biology.”

Q: How do you feel about almost being a senior? Are you excited about almost being through junior year? 

A: “It’s nice to have passed the halfway point of high school and not be an underclassman anymore.”

Q: Who is your idol and why?

A: “I really look up to current senior Aidan Behmer. He’s a hard worker, he’s a great team captain and great leader, and he’s one of the nicest people I’ve ever met. And I really have a lot of respect for my grandfather because of how much he’s accomplished in his life.”

Q: What is one lesson high school has taught you?

A: “That the only way to really enjoy any place you are is to participate. Joining clubs, joining sports, talking to people — I moved here last year, and I didn’t know anyone so the easiest way for me to make friends was to join a sports team. The more things that I say yes to, the more school events I go to, the more clubs I go to meetings for, the more stuff I’m interested in, the more fun I have and the more I feel like I’m making the most out of this experience.”