Sophomore Saturday: Omar Abdulhak

Omar+Abdulhak+is+a+sophomore+at+Huron+High+School.+Abdulhak+is+on+the+swim+and+water+polo+team.+For+his+Personal+Proect%2C+he+learned+how+to+speak+Swedish.+

Courtesy of Abdulhak

Omar Abdulhak is a sophomore at Huron High School. Abdulhak is on the swim and water polo team. For his Personal Proect, he learned how to speak Swedish.

Visruth Rajendiran, Marketing Manager

Q: Tell us a little bit about yourself and what hobbies/sports you do.

A: My favorite color is Green and my favorite college team is MSU. I play Swim & Dive and Waterpolo as a sport and my hobby is playing the piano.”

Q: After spending a year virtually, what has it been like to finally have a full year in person? 

A: “It feels great to finally have a full year in person since I can now socialize with my friends. Personally for me it has been better because I am able to do my homework and be focused better.” 

Q: Who helped you the most in getting through this year and why? 

A: “I would have to say is my friends and family since they were with me, talking to me throughout this whole year.”

Q: Describe something about coming back to school in person that has surprised you?

A: “Something that surprised me when coming back to school was not doing the Block schedule like how we did last year ”

Q: Which of the classes you took this year were your favorite and why?

A: “My favorite class for semester 2 is math since i’m really good at math and I like to help everyone out. My favorite class for semester 1 would be government since I had a very excellent teacher.”

Q: What are your thoughts about your personal project? What were some challenges you faced? After the hard work, are you proud of your product? 

A: “My thoughts on a personal project are that it is a really good class and I feel like it helps you get prepared for future projects, some challenges I faced though was learning my product which was learning Swedish. In the end, I completed it and I was very proud of it.”

Q: If you could change one thing from your freshman self, what would it be? 

A: “One thing I could change from my freshman self is to be more focused in class even though it was online and hard for me, I would tell past me to try more and don’t give up.”