Sophomore Saturday: Cameron Esper

Cameron+Esper+is+a+Sophomore+at+Huron+High+School.+Esper+enjoys+hanging+out+with+her+pets+and+is+apart+of+the+Huron+softball+team.+

Courtesy of Esper

Cameron Esper is a Sophomore at Huron High School. Esper enjoys hanging out with her pets and is apart of the Huron softball team.

Anna Esper, Assistant Website Editor

Q: Tell us a little bit about yourself and what hobbies/sports you do.

A: “My name is Cameron Esper and I’m a sophomore. I’m playing softball right now and my hobbies are art and playing with my pets.”

Q: After spending a year virtually, what has it been like to finally have a full year in person? 

A: “I feel like I got burnt out a lot easier and quicker than usual. It feels normal now, but for the first few months, it was definitely weird. Over the social break, we had lost a lot of social skills.”

Q: Who helped you the most in getting through this year and why? 

A: Probably my friends, because we’re all l struggling to get back into that normal life we had before.”

Q: Describe something about coming back to school in person that has surprised you?

A: “Everything surprised me a little.”

Q: Which of your classes you took this year were your favorite and why?

A: “Gym was a lot of fun, honestly. I’m not a gym enjoyer but like, I liked it a lot because  I had a lot of friends in my class and you didn’t really have to put much effort in outside of school.”

Q: What are your thoughts about personal project? What were some challenges you faced? After the hard work, are you proud of your product? 

A: “I hated it.”

Q: If you could change one thing from your freshman self, what would it be? 

A: “It’s kinda hard to think to my freshman self now that we aren’t online anymore. I would say talk to more people even though it was hard. Also, use your time wisely.”