Senior Sunday: Youssouf Sidibe

Visruth Rajendiran, Staff Writer

Q: Tell us a little bit about yourself.

A: “I am a first-generation African (Malian) and was born on Christmas Eve. I come from a family of 6 and have lived here in Ann Arbor/Ypsi all my life. I can speak French and have a strong passion for technologies (specifically in Computer Networking or Cybersecurity).”

Q: What has been your favorite part about this school year?

A: “Sleeping in on Tuesday nights (since Wednesday is asynchronous) and waking up in the comfort of my own home every morning.”

Q: What do you miss about Huron?

A: “I miss buying snacks from the Greenhouse and talking to my friends during lunch and in the hallways. I also miss participating in my clubs in-person and cheering on the basketball and football teams.”

Q: What is one goal you have for this year?

A: “One goal I have this year is to fight my Senioritis (especially since we’re online) and stay motivated to complete all of my homework on time. I plan to at least maintain, or even improve my GPA by the end of my final year in high school.”

Q: What is your favorite class and why?

A: “My favorite class this year has been AP Calculus because firstly, Mrs. Schemanske is such a fantastic and helpful teacher, and secondly because I have succeeded in my previous math classes during high school which has led me to build a strong foundation in essential skills needed for Calculus, which has made the class easier and fun!”

Q: What hobbies/sports do you do?

A: “I love watching English Premier League soccer games, listening to Young Thug on Spotify (my favorite rapper) and working out at home (either running or lifting weights).”