The Emery

The Emery

The Emery

The Latest from the Emery’s Twitter

Senior Sunday: Grant Patterson

Patterson smiles for a photo in the Michigan Ross School of Business. Photo courtesy of Patterson

Q: Tell me a little about yourself and things you do in and out of school?

A: Hi my name is Grant. I am a senior, I go to school, I play soccer, I read, I play video games, I code, and I work out in the garage.

Q: Out of all your clubs, extracurriculars, and sports, which one is your favorite and why?

A: My favorite club is Green Team because we do a lot of fun things and eat good snacks.

Q: What is your favorite Huron event? (Multi Culti, Pep Rally, Homecoming, etc)

A: My favorite Huron event is Homecoming because it was at night and I liked all the glow sticks that we had this year.

Q: Where is your favorite spot at Huron and what do you like about it?

A: My favorite spot at Huron is under the arch when it is raining because I like that you can see the rain while not getting wet.

Q: What is your favorite high school memory?

A: My favorite high school memory is doing AP Chemistry labs.

Q: Who is one of your favorite teachers and why?

A: One of my favorite teachers is Mr. Schuitman because his lessons are super engaging and they incorporate what you see in the real world.

Q:  Which of the classes that you’ve taken is your favorite and why?

A: One of my favorite classes is AP Chemistry because it was a challenging course and it was interesting to learn about things that I hadn’t learned about before.

Q: What are you thinking of doing after high school?

A: I am going to go to college and study computer science and I am going to start a business that is going to be worth billions of dollars

Q: What is something you’d redo throughout your high school experience if you could start over?

A: I would change nothing because the past is history, the future is a mystery, and today is a gift. That’s why they call it the present.

Q: What piece of advice would you give to the underclassmen?

A: Develop good study habits so that you have time to do the things that you like to do.

Q: What is a hot take of yours?

A: Reyna is the best agent in Valorant.

Q: What will you miss most about high school?

A: I will miss the smell of high school.