Student Council’s plan for what comes next

After+the+success+of+Film+on+the+Field%2C+Student+Council+begins+to+plan+what+is+next.+

Meriam Ikharbine

After the success of Film on the Field, Student Council begins to plan what is next.

Anjali Nadarajah, Staff Writer

After the annual Film on the Field event, Huron’s student council is working on making the school a better place, even if it means taking a break for a bit. 

“Right now, we’re just brainstorming for what comes next,” Co-president Evie Sikkenga said. “We want to help student culture and have a place where students can talk about what they want to fix at this school.”

This year, StuCo is skipping out on the yearly Funky Sock sale, but they’re working on what comes next. 

“We don’t have any definite plans for the next few weeks, but for now we’re focusing on just creating a better bond between the students and the school.”

Student council supervisor, Mr. DeMoss, explains that events aren’t going to make themselves. 

Not without the help of the council. 

“We are completely open to what the next step is,” he said. “We need to take this club in a direction that the students want. I want y’all to figure out what would be fun.” 

If you’re interested in joining the council, email DeMoss at [email protected]. Meetings occur every Thursday from 3:00-3:30 in room 6208.