Sophomore Saturday: Lea Barnett

Barnett smiling for a picture. Photo courtesy of Barnett.

Q: Tell us a little bit about yourself and things you do in and out of school.

A: I am a sophomore and I do competitive cheerleading and I do it throughout the week except the weekends.

Q: How is this year’s learning different than last year? 

A: Last year I didn’t take my learning as seriously, this year I’m doing a lot more work and now I’m actually doing it on time.

Q: Which classes have you found the most interesting and why?

A: Probably my physics class just because we’re doing more hands on so I’m more engaged.

Q: Describe something that surprised you coming back to school this year that you weren’t expecting?

A: The phone rule and how we have to put our phones away everytime so it shocked me.

Q: What are your thoughts about personal project? What were some challenges you faced so far? What are you working on?

A:So my personal project is about my mental health and some challenges I have faced is finding people that are willing to talk about it and like be open with how they’re feeling. 

Q: If you could change one thing from your freshman self, what would it be? 

A: Doing my work and getting my grades up because my GPA was affected pretty badly, and I’d have to build it up.