Junior Jumpstart Monday: Anna Alexandrov

Anna Alexandrov is a junior at Huron High School. Alexandrov enjoys biking and suggests joining Ethics Bowl.

Courtesy of Alexandrov

Gina Ko, Feature Article

Q: Tell us a little bit about yourself and what hobbies/sports you do.

A: “Hi, my name is Anna Alexandrov and I’m a junior this year at Huron High School. I like anything art-related, especially animation. I like to bike, read (when I have the attention span for it), and sleep. 

Q: What is one class/club you would recommend to underclassmen? Why?

A: “Ethics Bowl! I’m not really good at it, but I’ve had a lot of fun with it this year. If you like ethics or philosophy related stuff, you would enjoy it”

Q: What’s an interesting/unique fact about yourself?

A: “I have two corgis. The first one is Daisy, who I named when I was 11, it’s a pretty basic name. The second one is Pushkin, who my brother named after the Russian poet. I think the contrast between the two names is kinda funny”

Q: Where do you see yourself in ten years?

A: I would be 26, so by that fossil age I would hopefully have my life figured out by then. A job, college, all that.

Q: How do you feel about almost being a senior? Are you excited about almost being through junior year? 

A: “It’s really bittersweet. I’m sure it’s a universal experience, but it feels like a year and a half of my high school has just vanished into thin air and I haven’t gotten the full high school experience. I hope I can make the best of my time left in high school. 

Q: Who is your idol and why?

A: “I don’t think I like one person enough for them to be my idol. Maybe one day though.

Q: What is one lesson high school has taught you?

A: “Challenge yourself and don’t be afraid to take risks. It’s kind of an obvious or simple lesson, but those end up being the most useful”