Teacher Tuesday: Victoria Sturt

Victoria Sturt is a teacher at Huron High School. When shes not teaching, she enjoys outdoor activities.

Courtesy of Sturt

Victoria Sturt is a teacher at Huron High School. When she’s not teaching, she enjoys outdoor activities.

Suhybe Awwad, Staff Writer

Q: Why did you choose to become a Teacher and what Subject do you teach? 

A: “When I was in high school, I had tonsillitis. I got a flashlight and went into the bathroom so I could light up my tonsils and see them in the mirror! I was so curious to see what they looked like, and I remember thinking, anyone who gets excited about something like this needs to be a science teacher. So that’s what I did! This year I am teaching Earth Science and ESS.”

Q: What’s your favorite part about School?

A: “I really enjoy forming connections with people, helping each other out, and sharing excitement about weird cool science stuff.”

Q: What do you like to do in your free time? 

A: “I enjoy creating crafty things (anything from jewelry to furniture), music and concerts, reading science fiction, and outdoor adventures like hammock camping and whitewater kayaking. I also love new experiences – trying different foods, learning acro yoga, exploring new cities.”

Q: Was Doing Online School all last year? Was it hard or easy for you?

A: “Online school was so hard! I didn’t mind the daily routine, but there was a lot of stress and uncertainty. I realized that when we are face to face, the positive interactions and laughter help to balance out the challenges. I really missed that!”

Q: Do you have any moments that you’ll never forget in School? 

A: “So many! Here’s one – some students knew that I enjoyed camping, and asked me to be the female leader for their Venture Crew. That summer we spent a week kayaking and camping along Pictured Rocks National Lake shore. It was a great experience!”