Teacher Tuesday: Carmen Difranco

Visruth Rajendiran, Staff Writer

Q: Tell us a little bit about yourself. 

A: “I am a special education teacher, I have been teaching for 37 years, I am married and have two adult children. My daughter lives in Brooklynn, New York, and does creative designs, my son just graduated from U of M in the area of Neuroscience. I like to work out and do outside activities, love all Detroit sports teams and Eastern Michigan where I graduated from.”

Q: What has been your favorite part about this school year? 

A: “That is a funny question considering how difficult this year has been. I would much rather be in the school building, however, it has been fun getting to know the 10 new freshmen that I have on my caseload.”

Q: What do you miss about Huron? 

A: “Not being able to hang out in our office with my colleagues and discuss how to help our students or go to see other teachers in their rooms to do the same or to just visit. Also, just sitting with students and tutoring them in person while enjoying some treats that one of us has cooked up.”

Q: What is one goal you have for this year? 

A: “To get better at the technology involved in Schoology and help students pass all of their classes!”

Q: What is your favorite class and why? 

A: “I would have to say Academic Support where we have the flexibility to do a lot of different things from school work to helping students get jobs.”

Q: What hobbies/sports do you do?

A: “I am building an ice skating rink in my backyard right now! I was a member of the YMCA and I would work-out in the morning or swim before school until the pandemic–now I have been using some HIT workout videos on YouTube and they are tough.”