Sophomore Saturday: Ted Lee

Visruth Rajendiran, Staff Writer

Q: Tell us a little bit about yourself.

A: “I am a sophomore that attends Huron High School. I was pretty bummed out about school being closed due to the pandemic because school was honestly pretty fun. I miss my friends a lot. I would say I am a student-athlete because I work in school while working out.”

Q: What has been your favorite part about this school year?

A: “My favorite part of this school year has been getting used to the next format of learning. I also really liked that we had a soccer season this year and now I am awaiting the basketball season as well.”

Q: What do you miss about Huron?

A: “I miss my friends the most and just miss being with people in general. Since school is all online and at home, it is just boring staying home all the time because of the stay at home orders. Honestly, I can’t wait to go back.”

Q: What is one goal you have for this year?

A: “Try and get good grades for all my classes. I think that online learning is more difficult than in-person because it is just harder to learn and focus on for almost two hours in one day. So I just want to try and get good grades this year.”

Q: What is your favorite class and why?

A: “I like APUSH because it is interesting but it is hard at the same time. I do like other classes but none of my classes are as fun as they were last year. It is different learning at home than at school and it just makes a lot of classes more boring or just worse.”

Q: What hobbies/sports do you do?

A: “I play basketball and soccer. I played for the varsity soccer team this past season and we are currently waiting for an okay from the state to allow us to play basketball. I like playing both but if I had to pick, I do like playing basketball more than soccer.”