Senior Sunday: Devin Womack

Visruth Rajendiran, Staff Writer

Q: Tell us a little bit about yourself.

A: “I am Devin Womack, I am a senior and 18 years old. I have 2 older siblings, a dog and love to shop. I am an avid shoe collector. I’m also very social and I want to major in business in college.”

Q: What has been your favorite part about this school year?

A: “My favorite part about this school year has been the leniency that many teachers have. They know it has been a stressful time and they have helped take some stress off students by allowing them to do late/makeup work with less of a penalty.”

Q: What do you miss about Huron?

A: “I miss the social interactions with all the great people in the building. I’ve made some great friends and relationships with other students and even staff at Huron. I miss seeing them every day and getting to know new people every day.”

Q: What is one goal you have for this year?

A: “My biggest goal this year is of course to graduate, but I also want to finish the first semester with a 4.0 GPA. This will push me to stay focused during class and prepare me for college.”

Q: What is your favorite class and why?

A: “My favorite class is personal finance because it is teaching me a lot at the time that I know I will use in life. Mrs. Garrett is a great teacher and she has some fun assignments that help me learn and understand so I can get a good grade in the class.”

Q: What hobbies/sports do you do?

A: “I’ve played Varsity basketball at Huron since I was a freshman. I am committed to Lake Superior State University to play basketball next year on a full scholarship. I have been playing since I was very young and I am glad my career will continue.”