Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 on the PS5: a must play

Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 is now available on the PS5.

Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 is a PlayStation 5 exclusive game made by Insomniac Games that was released on Oct. 20. It is a sequel to hit games Marvel’s Spider-Man and Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales. Fans have been waiting since 2018 when Marvel’s Spider-Man was released and several fans are wondering if they should buy it.

This gamer says you should.

The game has several new features that differ from the first game. For example, the ability to switch between Spider-Men. When free roaming throughout New York, you can choose between playing as Peter Parker or Miles Morales in an almost seamless transition. 

Some of the missions in that game require one of the Spider-Men in particular, for example, in one set of missions you play as Miles as you fight an A.I. version of comic book villain Misterio as it harms civilians. Another mission you play as Peter alongside Yuriko Watanabe, a former cop from the first game as you investigate a cult in New York. 

Another new feature in Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 is the inclusion of web wings that allow you to glide throughout the city when you aren’t web-swinging. These wings also change with the several new suits added to the game.  

One last point is that the story is amazing. In this game you have to stop comic book villain Kraven the Hunter as he kills off other villains and tries to kill Peter, while this is happening the Venom symbiote from the comics is attached to childhood friend Harry Osborn and is slowly turning Harry and Peter into a dangerous monster. Much more happens in the game that I won’t spoil for you.

If this sounds fun to you and you own a PlayStation 5, you should get Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 on Amazon, retail stores like Target, or you can get it digitally on a Playstation console.