Senior Sunday: Sham Almohamad Alalem

Alalem poses for a mirror selfie. Photo courtesy of Alalem.

Q: Tell us a little bit about yourself and what hobbies/sports you do.

A: I like reading a lot, especially Arabic books. I also like to travel, watch movies, and hang out with my friends. 

Q: What is one class/club you would recommend to underclassmen? Why?

A: I loved my Contemporary world literature class. It’s such a fun class and I love Ms. Simmons. She’s one of my favorite teachers.

Q: How are you feeling about graduating this year?

A: I feel so happy and excited. When I get so much work, I remember that I’m almost done and going to graduate. It’s just fun enjoying my last year of high school and making memories of my senior year with my friends. 

Q: Ten years from now, what is one high school memory you will still remember?

A: I will remember my vlogs with my friends. We always make vlogs of everything we do together and in our daily lives. I love it. It’s the best part of my day. 

Q: What is one piece of advice you would give to your freshman self?

A: I would tell her to join more clubs, work hard, and to take freshman year more seriously because freshman year is so important. Not only is it the first year of high school, but it also sets the foundation for your high school career. 

Q: What will you miss most about high school?

A: I will miss the vibe in high school because college life is completely different. I will miss seeing my friends everyday and taking fun classes like pottery and school events like homecoming, pep rallies, spirit weeks, and other school traditions.