The Emery

The Emery

The Emery

The Latest from the Emery’s Twitter

Freshman Friday: Margot Pale

Pale in her room on the 4th week of high school. Photo courtesy of Pale.

Q: Tell us a little bit about yourself and what hobbies/sports you do.

A: I was born in New York City. I have three siblings and two bulldogs. I play soccer and I play piano. I am a crew member for Huron right now. 

Q: How would you describe your transition from middle to high school?

A: The hallways of Huron and the school are definitely bigger. There’s a lot more people here and the work is harder.

Q: What class is the most interesting so far and why?

A: History has been the most interesting. I’ve learned the most in a short amount of time, but it’s also the second hardest class. Math is the hardest, history is the second hardest. 

Q: What are 3 words to describe your first months of high school and why?

A: Different. Definitely. I have to study every night when I go home. Busy because I have soccer for a club. I have something to do everyday. And fun because I went to a football game once. 

Q: How has high school surprised you so far? Were there any skills you had to learn to get work done or fit school into your schedule?

A: Yeah, one time I stopped to talk to somebody in the hallway and then I was late to that class. It’s really easy to be tardy, so I have to make sure I’m always moving and studying every night when I go home. 

Q: How do you want to remember your high school experience four years later? What are you doing now or how do you plan to make that happen? 

A: I want to remember high school as I could get through it easily and it wasn’t too challenging. And I want to meet new people and just have a good experience.