Freshman Friday: Angela Chen

Chen posing for a picture in Oslo, Norway. Photo courtesy of Chen.

Q: Tell us a little bit about yourself and what hobbies/sports you do.

A: Hey! My name is Angela and I’m a freshman in high school. I participate in Academic Games and play tennis. 

Q: How would you describe your transition from middle to high school?

A: I would say it has been pretty smooth so far. I’m grateful for all the people that have helped facilitate that process, as I have not encountered any major challenges yet! 

Q: What class is the most interesting so far and why?

A: I’ve found my history and math class to be interesting! I have enjoyed learning about the things in those classes, and my teachers are extremely helpful and amiable.

Q: What are 3 words to describe your first months of high school and why?

A: Chaotic, fresh, insightful.

Q: How has high school surprised you so far? Were there any skills you had to learn to get work done or fit school into your schedule?

A: The workload from all the different aspects of my life has increased. Some skills that I had to learn to get work done include surviving off of a lack of sleep and learning to prioritize my work.  

Q: How do you want to remember your high school experience four years later? What are you doing now or how do you plan to make that happen? 

A: I hope in four years, I’ll look back and think that high school was a really fun experience where I learned a lot of things (that will hopefully help prepare me for the future), and made a lot of great memories. I think that this will happen as long as I expose myself to new experiences and socialize more!