Junior Jumpstart Monday: Hamza Archer

Archer+beaming+with+happiness.+Photo+courtesy+of+Archer.+
Archer beaming with happiness. Photo courtesy of Archer.

Q: Tell us a little bit about yourself and what hobbies/sports you do.

A: My name is Hamza Archer. I like to go to the gym in my free time and I like running around — doing cardio and just testing myself, like physical and like cardiovascular strength.

Q: What is one class/club you would recommend to underclassmen? Why?

A: I would recommend DP World History because I think that traditionally history classes are usually very focused on things like the history of America and like the country’s amendments and all that, but I think that the DP history class really kind of breaks down current society, like current social norms and how that relates and ties back to history, instead of just mainly focusing on past historical events.

Q: What’s an interesting/unique fact about yourself?

A: A fun fact about me is that I have eight siblings.

Q: Where do you see yourself in ten years?

A: I could see myself traveling the world to learn more about art in other cultures and countries.

Q: How do you feel about starting Junior year and why?

A: I feel scared about starting junior year. It’s one of the hardest years because you have to prepare for things like senior year, college and all that. I’m not looking forward to any of that, but I think that once I get farther into the school year I’ll get the hang of it.

Q: Who is your idol and why?

A: I would say I’m my own idol. When I think about who I want to be in the future, that’s the person that I look up to or want to be, so I say that I’m my own idol.

Q: What is one lesson high school has taught you?

A: What most of high school has taught me is to not procrastinate and don’t test yourself when it comes to assignments and due dates. I think that procrastination is definitely something that is very detrimental to high school. Even last night, I went out with my friends and came back at like 10pm. I thought that two hours was enough for me to finish my English paper and it wasn’t. I stayed up till like 12am finishing it and it was late and bad.