Freshman Friday: Danielle Lee

Lee posing for a picture in Times Square.

Anna Lee, Staff writer

Q: Tell us a little bit about yourself and what hobbies/sports you do.

A: Hi, my name is Danielle and I’m a freshman at Huron. I enjoy playing guitar in my free time, love to watch K-dramas and hang out with friends. I’m also part of an organization solely run by high schoolers called Inno!

Q: How would you describe your transition from middle to high school?

A: My transition was quite trouble-free. I am a bit shy so it took some time to make new friends, but overall it went smoothly and I quickly adjusted to the new environment.

Q: What class is the most interesting so far and why?

A: So far I’m really enjoying my Chemistry class because of the big difference in learning between it and my other classes. You have to digest more information in one period, posing a challenge to yourself which motivates me a lot. Moreover, the class gets very hands-on with labs which gives enjoyment from time to time.

Q: What are 3 words to describe your first months of high school and why?

A: Nerve-racking, boring, and tiring. The first few days of school I was really nervous about going to a bigger school and meeting new people. However, I got used to it quickly and possibly too much, because my classes started to get really boring. This significantly contributed to my tiredness as well.

Q: How has high school surprised you so far? Were there any skills you had to learn to get work done or fit school into your schedule?

A: It definitely surprised me that there wasn’t as much schoolwork as I had expected. I was a bit disappointed at the fact that I did not get to interact with my friends as much compared to middle school. Moreover, I had to know how to manage my time better to get work done. Because music is a big part of my day-to-day life, I also had to figure out how to balance that into my schedule as well.

Q: How do you want to remember your high school experience four years later? What are you doing now or how do you plan to make that happen? 

A: I want to remember my high school experience as a stepping stone that has helped me achieve my future goals in life. I also want to look back on my four years as a fun experience I had with supportive friends along the way. As of now, I am setting my own path through academics and discovering ways to make my path “stronger” with new opportunities.