Freshman Friday: Kasia Phan

Phan posing for the camera.

Kiki Choi, Copy Editor

Q: Tell us a little bit about yourself and what hobbies/sports you do.

A: I really only do dance outside of school with other people from Huron, since it’s the only thing I like as of right now.

Q: How would you describe your transition from middle to high school?

A: I think my personal transition was pretty smooth since there were people i can go to if I needed any help with anything

Q: What class is the most interesting so far and why?

A: The most interesting class so far is probably the art classes I’ve taken, which were art and design and ceramics. I think those classes are the most interesting because they were more physical and I also think learning about art was really fun, too.

Q: What are 3 words to describe your first months of high school and why?

A: Friendly, competitive, and unique. I chose friendly because I think there are lots of friendly people in Huron and I think it’s nice to be around them. I also chose competitive because I think both academic and sports wise, Huron is pretty competitive. I also chose unique because I just think it’s unique.

Q: How has high school surprised you so far? Were there any skills you had to learn to get work done or fit school into your schedule?

A: I think the skills I learned are more based off of studying. I learned that over studying and understudying could both have consequences, so having a balanced study schedule for each class helps a lot.

Q: How do you want to remember your high school experience four years later? What are you doing now or how do you plan to make that happen? 

A: I want to remember my high school experiences by not worrying too much about later and just taking in what is happening now.