Freshman Friday: Isha Savi

Savi taking a selfie at home

Grace Johnson, Staff writer

Q: Tell us a little bit about yourself and what hobbies/sports you do.

A: My name is Isha. I love to write, watch movies, and listen to music. I play volleyball for Huron with a bunch of other wonderful people!

Q: How would you describe your transition from middle to high school?

A: I would say it was a bit bumpy, but not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. The only thing that took getting used to was the intensity of the schoolwork.

Q: What class is the most interesting so far and why?

A: The most interesting class I’ve taken so far was definitely TV/Radio Production with Mr. Fox. It was really interesting to see how TV is produced and one shot can fully change the composition of the scene. Also, we got credit for watching TV on Fridays so that was definitely a plus!

Q: What are 3 words to describe your first months of high school and why?

A: Chaotic, fun, and sick. It was a huge adjustment from middle school which made it all a bit crazy, but then it settled down and I got into a groove, and then I got sick for all of November!

Q: How has high school surprised you so far? Were there any skills you had to learn to get work done or fit school into your schedule?

A: The most surprising thing for me was how much freedom we have when it comes to classes and things like that! Something I had to learn was how to study well, which took a long time for me.

Q: How do you want to remember your high school experience four years later? What are you doing now or how do you plan to make that happen? 

A: I don’t really have any big expectations for high school, but I hope I can remember it as a time where I learned more about myself and what I want to do in the future!