Freshman Friday: Jennifer Tang

Freshman Jennifer Tang likes golf, tennis, and choir.

Satvika Ramanathan, Website Managing Editor

Q: Tell us a little bit about yourself and what hobbies/sports you do.

A: “I’m a freshman, and I play golf, and I’m bad at tennis. And I do academic games which is the best club in the world, everyone should join it. I used to say I read but I don’t actually read anymore, but let’s pretend I read.”

Q: How would you describe your transition from middle to high school?

A: “It’s going badly. Well, there’s like so many more people and half my friends are at Skyline. But it’s okay, because I’ve been making new friends and getting to know people better. It’s not that much harder. Honestly, except for math, everything else is pretty okay.”

Q: What class is the most interesting so far and why?

A: “Choir because I like singing and it’s fun.”

Q: What are 3 words to describe your first months of high school and why?

A: “Stressful, lonely, and fun. Variation, you know? Because it’s stressful, lonely, and fun at different times. Sometimes it’s all at once. I’m so stressed, lonely, and having fun.”

Q: How has high school surprised you so far? Were there any skills you had to learn to get work done or fit school into your schedule?

A: “It’s a lot bigger and my mom actually cares now if I get late to classes. So I have to hurry from other classes. Time management’s been really weird.”

Q: How do you want to remember your high school experience four years later? What are you doing now or how do you plan to make that happen? 

A: “Get all A’s, blah blah, blah. And I hope it’ll be fun. I’ll remember it and be like, ‘20 years ago, wow, high school was pretty cool.’ I’ve got to study to make that happen.”