Junior Jumpstart Monday: Grant Patterson

Grant by his keyboard.

Courtesy of Patterson

Grant by his keyboard.

Sena Yoshida, Staff Writer

Q: Tell us a little bit about yourself and what hobbies/sports you do.

A: “My name is Grant Patterson and I am a Junior at Huron. My favorite color might be blue but I haven’t decided yet. I enjoy playing video games and playing the piano. I like studying, listening to music,  and talking to my friends.”

Q: What is one class/club you would recommend to underclassmen? Why?

A: “I would recommend underclassmen to take AP Chemistry in their junior year. The class is taught by Mr. Collins, who is a very fun teacher to have. Along with taking AP Chemistry, you occasionally get to do fun labs in the 8th hour and write lab reports!! It’s a lot of fun studying for tests and pretending like you know what is going on during class.”

Q: What’s an interesting/unique fact about yourself?

A: “An interesting fact about myself is that I like taking videos that have trees in them.”

Q: Where do you see yourself in ten years?

A: “In ten years, I will have graduated from MIT, created a very successful business, and become a billionaire. I will feature on Kanye’s new album. I will then retire and go live in the mountains in Alaska. ”

Q: How do you feel about starting Junior year and why?

A: “I am excited for Junior year because I am taking a lot of interesting classes and have so far met a lot of interesting people.”

Q: Who is your idol and why?

A: “My idol is the junior Jeffery Wang, because he is so smart and cool.”

Q: What is one lesson high school has taught you?

A: “High school has taught me that there is a lot to learn in the world. High school has also taught me to not be late to Ms. Jones’ class because she marked me tardy the other day.”