Sophomore Saturday: Anna Lee

Courtesy of Anna Lee

Anna Lee is a sophomore at Huron High School. She smiles for a picture at the orchestra picnic.

Grace Pang, Staff Writer

Q: Tell us a little bit about yourself and what hobbies/sports you do.

A: I’m Anna, a 14 year old Korean-American sophomore with a late birthday. In my free time, I love drawing both digitally/traditionally and anything to do with music. I play the violin and am part of Huron’s Symphony orchestra.

Q: How is this year’s learning different than last years? 

A: I would say that this year’s learning is more fast-paced than my freshman year. It could be because of more AP/AC classes, but I think it also has to do with teachers and students getting more comfortable and regaining a rhythm of in person learning.

Q: Which classes have you found the most interesting and why?

A: I’ve definitely found personal project to be the most interesting class I have- there’s a lot of individual work time during class that I find suits my learning style. A lot of subjects involve actively learning together as a class, and personal project is a nice break from that.

Q: Describe something that surprised you coming back to school this year that you weren’t expecting?

A: I was surprised by how easy it was for me to come back to school after a long summer. It wasn’t hard to adjust to a new schedule, and after a week or two I learned how to handle the workflow. Getting up in the mornings proved to be just as hard as last year, though.

Q: What are your thoughts about personal project? What were some challenges you have faced so far? What are you working on?

A: I really like the idea of personal project and how it allows students to be creative, but one of the biggest challenges was how much we have to work on our projects outside of class. For me, most of class time is spent working on slides, leaving no time to really work on my project. I’m working on composing a piece on the violin and eventually performing the piece to my family/friends.

Q: If you could change one thing from your freshman self, what would it be? 

A: I probably would have told myself to be less stressed about grades- at the end of the day, as long as you’re doing your best, your GPA isn’t the end of the world!