Junior Jumpstart Monday: Noah Taeckens

Courtesy of Taeckens

Noah Taeckens, who recently moved here from New York, is part of Huron’s JV tennis team.

Anita Gaenko, Feature Editor

Q: Tell us a little bit about yourself and what hobbies/sports you do.

A: “I’m from Syracuse, New York, and back there we had less stuff to do because it’s a small town, not as big as Ann Arbor. I play tennis here. I’m interested in doing the MUN club because I did that at my old school too.” 

Q: What is one class/club you would recommend to underclassmen? Why?

A: “I just got here, but I think if you have more time, Science Olympiad is pretty good.”

Q: What’s an interesting/unique fact about yourself?

A: “I’m pretty outgoing. I like to talk, that’s pretty much it. I just constantly talk.”

Q: Where do you see yourself in ten years?

A: “I see myself hopefully in a stable job, if I can be somewhere close to where I’m making six figures it would be nice, but obviously there are a lot of factors that go into it, and that’s not the most important thing. I’ll be 25, and that’s still pretty young, but I want to be able to make a difference.”

Q: Describe your high school experience in three words.

A: “Lots of chaos.”

Q: Who is your idol and why?

A: “You’re probably going to get this a lot here from Michigan fans, but I’d say Desmond Howard. He was able to be super competitive, like with Ohio State, but he also always had a smile on his face. ”

Q: What is one lesson high school has taught you?

A: “You’ve got to be at least semi-organized. You don’t have to be perfectly organized, but if you aren’t organized at all, you’re going to forget stuff.”