More information on standardized testing

Today%2C+afternoon%2C+principal+Janet+Schwamb+released+communications+about+the+tentative+schedule+for+upcoming+weeks+and+standardized+testing%2C+

Sara Beth-Badalamente

Today, afternoon, principal Janet Schwamb released communications about the tentative schedule for upcoming weeks and standardized testing,

Ridhima L. Kodali, Opinion Editor

This afternoon, April 16,  Huron principal Janet Schwamb sent out a communication entailing the upcoming standardized testing information.

The Michigan Department of Education (MDE) informed school districts that students will not be required to take the state assessments during the COVID-19 pandemic. However, Huron will still give the opportunity to take these tests. 

While these assessments are not required, it is important that students consider how these assessments factor into the preparation for their post-secondary plans,” Schwamb wrote. 

Ann Arbor Public Schools has offered these dates for those who opt into taking standardized tests: 

On Tuesday, April 27 juniors  can  take the SAT (with essay) from 8:20 a.m. to 1:45 p.m. 

On Wednesday, April 28, sophomores can take the PSAT from 8:20 a.m. to 11:35 a.m. The ACT Workkeys will also be administered on this day, but from 8:20 a.m. to 12:05 p.m.

Freshmen  can take the PSAT on Thursday, April 29 from 8:20 a.m.  to 11:35 a.m and juniors can take the M-STEP from 8:20 a.m. to 11:20 a.m.

Also, the make-up or alternative date for the SAT (with essay) is Tuesday, May 18 from 8:20 a.m. to 1:45 p.m. On this day, transportation will not be will not be provided.  

All families must complete the appropriate survey regardless if they have done any other prior surveys. 

The class of 2022 will fill out this survey and the class of 2023 and 2024 will fill out this survey  to communicate  their decision. 

Additionally, next week there will still be asynchronous days from Wednesday to Friday and freshmen orientation is postponed.