Sophomore Saturday: Durva Chavarkar

Courtesy of Durva Chavarkar

Sophomore Durva Chavarkar(bottom far right) with the rest of the girls in Indian Student Association after the Multi Cultural Show in 2019.

Ridhima Kodali, Staff Writer

Q: What clubs/activities are you participating in?

A: “GIDAS, Forensics, HOSA, ISA, and APEX.”

Q: What is your favorite club/activity?

A: “GIDAS, because it’s a topic I’m really passionate about and I know I want to pursue something related to that field in the future.”

Q: Who is your favorite teacher at Huron and why?

A: “I don’t have a favorite teacher, so far all the teachers I’ve had, I’ve enjoyed their class, because of their unique teaching styles.”

Q: What is your favorite class you are taking, and why?

A: “Currently, AP Macro, because I’ve never taken anything related to the subject, and I really wanted to challenge myself, by learning something completely different.”

Q: What classes do you look forward to taking next year?

A: “I’m looking forward to taking either AP Bio or AP Physics, next year because I enjoy science, and I want to further my education within these subjects. “

Q: What is one of your goals for the end of the school year? 

A: “One of my goals is to maintain a high GPA and feel ready to take on next year. Especially, since it will be challenging with the SAT to focus on, and I will be taking more AP courses.”

Q: How has your experience changed from freshman to sophomore year? 

A: “Since freshman year, I feel like I am able to handle more this year, and I have grown as a student. I have a better understanding of how things work around at Huron, this year which is nice.”

Q: Do you have any ideas about what you are interested in after high school? 

A: “I want to go to college and earn a master’s degree. I know I want to a field with science (particularly biology and/or genetics) so I have my mind set on becoming a biomedical engineer, but that could change.”

Q: Are you interested in the DP/CP Program? Why/why not? 

A: “No, I am not, because personally I feel like the AP route works better for me, but it’s different for everybody.”

Q: If you are interested in AP classes, then what are you planning to take? 

A: “Before high school ends, I am planning on taking AP Comp 11/12, AP Physics, AP Bio, AP Calc BC, AP Stats, and AP Gov (Not including the classes I’ve already taken/am taking).”