Senior Sunday: Maxine Wilkins

Wilkins, a dancer, in an artistic pose at Lilly Park. Photo courtesy of Wilkins.

Q: Tell me a little about yourself and things you do in and out of school?

A: I’m a dancer outside of school. I am in the Symphony Orchestra in school and I play viola. I play bass guitar outside of school as well.

Q: Out of all your clubs, extracurriculars, and sports, which one is your favorite and why?

A: I would say dancing is my favorite, I’m not in too many other clubs. I was in the SAV club for a minute, it was nice to learn about the environment but now I just mainly do dance.

Q: What is your favorite Huron event? (Multi Culti, Pep Rally, Homecoming, etc)

A: I really liked the Multi Culti, it was definitely fun to see all the different acts and dances- it was a really good celebration. This year loved watching the ISA dances.

Q: Where is your favorite spot at Huron and what do you like about it?

A: My favorite spot is the Peer Lab since I’m a peer and it’s always been one of my favorite spots. I would highly recommend this space to everybody.

Q: What is your favorite high school memory?

A: My favorite high school memory is going on the Cedar Point trip last year for AP Biology. We got to go with the Physics classes as well so that was fun. My favorite ride is the Iron Dragon since it’s a nice medium-level ride.

Q: Who is one of your favorite teachers and why?

A: My favorite teacher is OC, or Ms. Badalamente, since she’s very encouraging, enthusiastic, and understanding.

Q:  Which of the classes that you’ve taken is your favorite and why?

A: My favorite class would be Orchestra since it’s always been a fun part of my day and I’ve taken it all four years. It’s fun to play music and perform at concerts.

Q: What are you thinking of doing after high school?

A: I plan on doing a gap year and moving to Chicago to work and explore the city before I go to the University of Illinois the following year to study Applied Psychology.