The Emery

The Emery

The Emery

The Latest from the Emery’s Twitter

Beyonce: Act ii

Photo Credit: Album Cover “Cowboy Carter”

For the Beyhive or just those who just enjoy Beyoncé’s music, I think we all were eagerly anticipating the release of her new album officially titled “Cowboy Carter.” This is her 8th studio album and released on March 29. By the title, you can probably already tell Beyonce is embracing her southern roots taking a dive into the country genre and I know for myself the excitement was building up as each day passes. Today I wanted to give my review of her two singles for the album “16 Carriages” and “Texas Hold ‘Em.” 

Both of these singles were released at the same time on February 11 and the first one I listened to was “16 Carriages.” This song started off pretty slow but soon enough the beat dropped and the instrumental came out full force, then slowly transitioned back to a slower tempo. This song truly has a very soulful feel to it and the vocals are so incredible but what can you expect from Queen Bey herself? I won’t lie I am not the biggest fan of country music myself but after listening to this I was blown away and it made me excited to listen to the next song and the rest of this album which is sure to be great from what I have heard so far.

The other single titled “Texas Hold ‘Em” was next and it had big shoes to fill compared to the last song. This song started off with the banjo playing, similar to the last track this song started off a little bit slower then quickly picked up. Right off the bat, this song had a much more uptempo vibe to it and I feel I might have been even more impressed with her vocals on this song, which were absolutely amazing. In both songs especially here the instrumentation is very well done even having a whistle break in the middle something I don’t think I have ever heard in a song before. 

After listening to both of these songs, I am so excited for Beyonce to drop this album, I would say if I had to pick a favorite it would be “Texas Hold Em” as I do enjoy an uptempo song but I enjoyed both. I think Beyonce truly has a masterpiece in her hands with this new album. She truly makes everything better–she has created two incredible songs that I loved in a genre that I typically don’t gravitate towards. I don’t know about you but I have been loving the album since its release. You can listen to Cowboy Carter on Spotify  and Apple Music , as well as purchase vinyl copies on her website or on Amazon or Walmart.

*Read the full Cowboy Carter Review in the next print issue of the Huron Emery!*