Sophomore Sunday: Nicole Harriss

Nicole making ceramics at pottery club. Photo courtesy of Harriss.

Q: Tell us a little bit about yourself and things you do in and out of school.

A: I’m an athlete and I do theater mainly, my main sport is field hockey and I play with a club. I do most of my theater with Huron Players, right now we are doing Beauty and the Beast. 

Q: What was your favorite Huron event from last year, and what did you like about it? 

A: Chicago, the show that Huron players did. I loved how I made friends in it, and dancing and singing. 

Q: What is your favorite class at Huron and what do you like about it?

A: My favroite class at Huron is ceramics, I love having the abillity to create something using a cool material. 

Q: What is a class you want to take in the future, and why does it interest you?

A: Baking, I love it and it would be cool to learn the official way to do things in baking. Plus it counts as a math credit. 

Q: Who is one of your favorite teachers at Huron and why?

A: Mrs. Federhofer because she taught theater which I love and we chat, good conversations. 

Q: What are your thoughts about personal project? What were some challenges you have faced so far? What are you working on?

A: The actual doing of the project was good but I did not like all the criteria writing. My project was throwing a set of pottery, a challenge was the time frame, getting everything done on time. 

Q: What is your favorite memory from last year and why?

A: Mrs. Horwitz’s english class, sitting in the hallway laughing while reading Shakespeare. 

Q: If you could change one thing from your freshman self, what would it be? 

A: Be less afraid when meeting new people and give myself more time to relax. 

Q: What is something you weren’t expecting about sophomore year?

A: How many people I know in my classes. 

Q: What is an interesting face or hidden talent about yourself?

A: I can play guitar. 

Q: What is a hot take of yours?

A: I don’t like french fries.