The Emery

The Emery

The Emery

The Latest from the Emery’s Twitter

Senior Sunday: Lalynn Phaydavong

Senior+Lalynn+Phaydavong+posing+on+the+stairs%21+
Mikaela Carter
Senior Lalynn Phaydavong posing on the stairs!

Q: Tell me a little about yourself and things you do in and out of school?

A: I really enjoy taking time to myself, reading books, listening to music, and watching my favorite tv shows.

Q: Out of all your clubs, extracurriculars, and sports, which one is your favorite and why?

A: I only have one – working. I work at Sparrow Meat Market. It’s genuinely the best job ever; the environment is so good. I love my coworkers and all the customers. Everyone is so positive. 

Q: What is your favorite Huron event? (Multi Culti, Pep Rally, Homecoming, etc)

A: My favorite huron event was the soccer games. That’s the only sport I’m interested in watching and my boyfriend was one of the captains of the team. 

Q: Where is your favorite spot at Huron and what do you like about it?

A: Probably the greenhouse because Mr. Hunter is so nice and it’s very peaceful. 

Q: What is your favorite high school memory?

A: First transferring over to the school and finally getting to bond with others. 

Q: Who is one of your favorite teachers and why?

A: Ms. Zager and Mr. Schuitman. Ms. Zager is one of the most kind-hearted, caring, teachers I’ve ever met and she gives mom energy. Mr. Schuitman is so funny and he’s really caring as well. If he sees something may be wrong with you, he will literally email you to find out if you’re okay. They’re the only teachers I actually feel comfortable talking to. 

Q:  Which of the classes that you’ve taken is your favorite and why?

A: Probably baking because it’s way different from any other class I took and at Skyline they did not offer any culinary classes.

Q: What are you thinking of doing after high school?

A: I’m going to go to college, major in nursing as a safety and then branch out to clinical research. 

Q: What is something you’d redo throughout your high school experience if you could start over?

A: Junior year. No further questions. 

Q: What piece of advice would you give to the underclassmen?

A: Don’t let anything get in the way of your education. It is so important and I wish I valued it as much as my parents told me to. 

Q: What is a hot take of yours?

A: Skinny jeans need to make a comeback. 

Q: What will you miss most about high school?

A: Going to school with my best friends.