Sophomore Saturday: Arya Kamat

Eric Heng, Guest Writer

Courtesy of Arya Kamat
A group of students who do Cross-Country along with sophomore Arya Kamat. They posed at their banquet celebration.

Q: What is one of your goals for the end of the school year?

A: “My biggest goal for the end of the school year is to have a firmer control over my life. I want to fix some of my bad habits, mainly procrastination of my responsibilities, as well as plan more strategically for the future and associate myself more with people and activities I love to become happier.”

Q: Are you participating in any clubs/sports/activities?

A: “In school, I am in Science Olympiad, HOSA, Forensics, band and cross country.”

Q: How has your experience changed from freshman to sophomore year?

A: “Freshman to sophomore year has been a huge change for me. Not only has my workload has increased quite a bit from AP classes and increased involvement in extracurriculars, but I feel like I have a better understanding of how Huron works, and I am able to handle more this year. Additionally, I have become a much more outgoing and happy individual overall.”

Q: Do you have any ideas about what you are interested in for after highschool?

A: “As of right now, I have no idea what exactly I want to be in the future. However, I am really passionate about health sciences so I take part in science-related extracurriculars such as HOSA and Science Olympiad.”

Q: Are you interested in the DP/CP Program? Why/why not?

A: “I am not interested in the DP/CP program, because I am already involved in many AP classes and intend to take many more AP classes in the future. However, I am appreciative of Huron’s wide selection of courses, because all students are given the opportunity to pick what best suits them and what they love to do.”